PE & Sports Premium
The Government provides funding to improve the quality of sport and PE for all their children. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport you offer.
This means that schools should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport activities that your school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
We use the premium to secure improvements in the following indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Click here for the Department of Education link to the Primary School's Sports Funding page.