SWIMMING TIMETABLE - SUMMER 2019 (up until half-term)
|Year 1||Tuesdays & Fridays||Year 4||Mondays & Wednesdays|
|Year 2||Tuesdays & Fridays||Year 5||Tuesdays & Thursdays|
|Year 3||Wednesdays & Thursdays||Year 6||Mondays & Thursdays|
Swimming is part of the National Curriculum and is therefore not optional. On their swimming days, please send your child to school with:
- a costume (trunk/shorts for boys – not long shorts as these drag; swimming costume for girls – not bikinis)
- swimming hat
Hats will be on sale at the school. Hats cost £1.00 to buy and children will not be able to swim without their own hat.
- Jewellery must not be worn in the pool. If any comes off it will puncture the lining or break the filter.
- Earrings must be removed.
- Aerosol sprays and talcum powder should not be bought to school.
- Hair product e.g. gel, paste must not be brought to school.
In order to pay for the chemicals to keep the pool in operation, we ask for a small contribution from parents/carers that works out at less than £1 per week regardless of the number of lessons.
This year you can pay the £8 donation as a one off payment via ParentPay.
Some years groups alternate their PE days across a fortnight so both days are listed to avoid confusion.
|Nursery||Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs, Fri||Year 3||Tues, Fri|
|Reception||Tues, Weds, Thurs, Fri||Year 4||Weds, Fri|
|Year 1||Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs||Year 5||Mon, Tues, Thurs|
|Year 2 - Coral||Mon, Weds||Year 6||Mon, Thurs|
|Year 2 - Amber||Tues, Thurs|
Coldean Primary School believes that physical education has a vital contribution to pupils' physical literacy and well-being. We teach a high-quality physical education curriculum with which we hope to inspire all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically-demanding activities. Our broad and balanced PE curriculum, which covers the statutory National Curriculum, is intended to aid pupils’ increasing self-confidence and their ability to manage themselves and their bodies within a variety of movement situations. All of this is experienced in a safe and supportive environment.
- Learning objectives enable rapid and sustained progression offer children a stimulating, enjoyable and appropriately challenging learning experience.
- By offering opportunities to compete in sport and other activities we endeavour to build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect.
- Coldean Primary School offers a range of activities and teaching approaches which aim to give pupils opportunities to develop their creative and expressive abilities. Pupils are encouraged to appreciate the importance of a healthy and fit body, and all will begin to understand factors which affect health and fitness.
- It is intended that all pupils will achieve in PE and all will enjoy success and be motivated to further develop their individual potential both in and beyond school.
PE and Sport Funding
The Government provides funding to improve the quality of sport and PE for all their children. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport you offer.
This means that schools should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that the school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
Click here for the Department of Education link to the Primary School's Sports Funding page.